Sakhmet, whose name means “the powerful one,” was a warlike, bloodthirsty goddess. She was usually portrayed as a slender woman with the head of a lioness. As the daughter of the sun-god Re, Sakhmet waged war against both the enemies of the sun-god and the enemies of the king, who was the “physical son of Re.” This head of Sakhmet shows the goddess wearing both the solar disk and the uraeus, the fire-spitting cobra that symbolized kingship (the head of the uraeus is broken off).
In Glencairn’s Ancient Egypt Gallery
[A tiny bunny in a teacup]
Who says I don’t have vine vis breakfast, too. Or at least een a vine glass.
Oh de places von can get massaged! Teho und dat toy of his has done vonders to stimulate und relax me…no vonder he vanted et all to himself,but sharing is so much better. I might even get my own, vis de help of Teho.
Ahh..I feel like a new man! Maybe dis means I scowl less at de camera.
How did Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Sherlock take over tumblr in the first place? Did a bunch of fans just show up like some sort of invasion or did it just sort of happen?
This is literally tumblr in a post.
006 THE AZTECS by John Lucarotti
Illustrated by shieldvault
“It was hard to find good images for this story that I could use. Still, I’m happy with the finished product, more or less.”
SEASON 1 / STORY 6
The arrival of the TARDIS in 15th century Mexico leads the crew to the doomed Aztec people, a mixture of high culture and brutal savagery. Matters are further complicated when Barbara is mistaken for a god and the Doctor becomes engaged to be married.
- DOCTOR: The First Doctor
- COMPANIONS: Susan Foreman, Barbara Wright, Ian Chesterton
- ENEMIES & ALIENS: Tlotoxl (the Aztec Priest)
- SPACE & TIME: Mexico, 15th Century
DID YOU KNOW? ~
- This is the first example of the Doctor being involved in a romantic relationship (on screen).
- The Doctor’s remark “You can’t rewrite history! Not one line!” has caused controversy with fans of later Who. It seems to contradict his actions in later stories. This can be seen as part of the First Doctor’s character arc, as at this point he is still very much a traditional, big-headed Time Lord. “You Can’t” might also be used as “You shouldn’t” as in Barbara shouldn’t because she is not a Time Lord.
- Barbara, a history teacher, is an expert in Aztec culture - a rare example of a companion educating the Doctor.
- It is revealed that Ian, like many of his generation, attended National Service and so is a trained fighter.
093 THE INVISIBLE ENEMY by Bob Baker and Dave Martin
Illustrated by gillianschwab
SEASON 15 / STORY 2
A three-man rocket crew are nearly done with their mission to Titan Base until a course change puts the rocket in the path of a strange cloud in space. By the time they arrive, they have come under the control of a sentient virus which threatens the galaxy. When the TARDIS picks up an emergency message, it flies into the cloud, infecting the Doctor. To save himself and others, he must undertake a dangerous journey.
- DOCTOR: The Fourth Doctor
- COMPANIONS: Leela, K9
- ENEMIES & ALIENS: The Swarm and the Nucleus
- SPACE & TIME: Titan Base, 5000
DID YOU KNOW? ~
- This story introduced K9, the Doctor’s famous robot dog companion. He is often paired with Sarah Jane Smith but neither companion travelled with the Doctor together in the original run. This is the only story in which the screen on the side of K9 displays anything.
- This story introduced a new console room, one that was more faithful to the original design than the wood-panelled version of the previous season.
- The working title for this story was The Enemy Within. This has since been used as the unofficial story title for the Doctor Who TV Movie.
- Leela is seen to be left-handed when writing. Actress Louise Jameson is actually right-handed, but chose to make Leela left-handed to portray how unnatural writing is to her.
- The language seen in the signage in the background is called Finglish in the script and is phonetic English. For example the sign for the “Emergency Exit” reads “IMURJINSEE EGSIT”